THE Gliwice MetamorPHoSES"  THE ASSOCIATION FOR THE CULTURAL HEIRDOM OF GLIWICE

 

 

Gottfried Friedrich Ernst Jacob    

4.11.1795 – 18.11.1865  

 

 
   www.gliwiczanie.pl

 

 

 

   He was born in Pless (Pszczyna) in the family of rektor of the evangelical school. He was studying in Halle and in Breslau (Wroc³aw).

   In 1818 year he became intendent of the evangelical parish in Pless (Pszczyna)

 

   Pastor of the evangelical parish 18351865, meritorious for building the Saint Barbara Church, decorated with The Order Of The Red Eagle 3rd class with the ribbon

   

 

           

 

  He had a sumptuous tomb on the Steelworkers Cemetery, but its location is unknown.

   

 

 

Source:

Jacek Schmidt „Historia gminy ewangelickiej w Gliwicach (1809-1945)” - Zeszyty Gliwickie nr 24 1995 str. 105-137

 

Photos by: meg, 

 

Translation: Magi

Gliwice 2005

FORUM